I had a peek at my blog stats today, and it appears that this post is Blog Post #25!
25 is a bit of an underwhelming number, but it’s almost midnight on a Friday night and I’m at home… 500/7,500 words through a research paper and in need of a bit of joy.
I’m a big fan of lists, and 25 seems like a good number of things to put into a list. Thinking a few years ahead, here is a list of the things that I hope to be able to tick off on the eve of my 25th birthday.
Alice, at twenty-five, will have…
- Kept this blog (or some other project that tickles my fancy over the next couple years) alive.
- Acquired awesome writing skills.
- Done something outrageous.
- Travelled to 25 different countries.
- Learnt a totally random (and possibly useless) skill.
- Published something really cool.
- Been there for people.
- Mastered the art of being comfortable with being uncomfortable.
- Spent the majority of my time doing the things that I love doing.
- Run a marathon.
- Evolved from Microsoft Paint to Photoshop.
- Found a cure for epic procrastination.
- Taken a gamble.
- Cared about situations that needed fixing, and then fixed it.
- Started up a foundation for underprivileged children.
- Figured out how to distinguish between more than just ‘crap’ wine and ‘not crap’ wine.
- Accomplished something meaningful.
- Left things better than they had been before.
- Invented teleportation… or alternatively have learned to park (and therefore drive) like an adult should.
- Failed at something gracefully.
- Made a difference.
- Challenged and pushed myself on a regular basis.
- Alice will NOT have adopted all the cats and dogs from the SPCA. (…maybe just one or two!)
- Followed my instincts.
- Been a really great daughter, big sister, and girlfriend.
And an aspirational (unofficial) #26: Believed in something enough to be okay with being disliked for it.