Hello, my name is Alice and these are my stories.
- I was named after a Beethoven piece (Für Elise).
- I like to laugh.
- I like to read and tell stories.
- I am 22 years young.
- I live in the fabulous city of Auckland, in a little (but not insignificant) country called New Zealand.
- I studied law, economics and philosophy.
- I dabble in music, playing a few instruments and also writing and recording music in my spare time.
- I am fascinated by the human condition.
- I like sunshine and the outdoors.
- I live off hot chocolates.
- I teach music and learn a lot about life from little kids (they are incredible).
- I like to keep things simple.
- I have a cat.
- I love playing tennis (writing about tennis and how it relates to life will be inevitable).
- I was born in Beijing, and grew up in Auckland with relatively progressive but traditional Chinese parents.
- I like to make lists.
- I like flowers.
- I actively seek new adventures, and love discovering new places, people and cultures.
- I have travelled around: Australia, China, France, Germany, Indonesia, New Zealand, Singapore, USA.
- I have an interest in, and will probably write about the following things: finding purpose, social entrepreneurship, being a twentysomething, stuff about society, music, discrimination, people that I meet, mundane things that I suddenly find interesting, philosophy, development, things that inspire me, the ‘bamboo ceiling’, education, and life generally.